Begin Free Online Ordination

Using Get Ordained To Perform Wedding Ceremonies Across The US

U.S. wedding laws vary significantly from state-to-state, and even between individual counties. To help you navigate these complexities, we have created a comprehensive database that includes all the essential information about wedding laws around the country.

Using the interactive below, simply click on any state to learn about its specific marriage rules and regulations. As opposed to clunky government websites, these pages offer clear and concise explanations as well as helpful tutorials for officiating wedding ceremonies in each state. Click on a state below to get started!

How to Officiate a Wedding

Thanks to Get Ordained, performing a wedding is easy! Each year thousands of people use our simple online ordination process to help happy couples tie the knot. For more information on officiating a marriage ceremony, click on the map above or visit our step-by-step guide to performing a wedding.

How to Procure Ministerial Documents

After using Get Ordained you will have access to your virtual ordination record online. However, the marriage officials may wish to see official documentation confirming your status as an ordained minister. We recommend contacting them to learn about any specific requirements. Use the state wedding laws map to find the contact information for your local marriage office, and visit our Ministry Supplies page to procure any documents you might need.

State Wedding Laws